by Eddie Suarez
The Unwritten Rules of Running
1) An event shirt cannot be worn until you have completed said event.
2) Thou shall not wear one brand from head to toe.
3) Anything said after Mile 8 cannot be used against you.
4) Thou shall refer to your running shoes as shoes. They are neither sneakers nor tennis shoes.
5) Yes it’s hot and humid, shut up and keep running.
6) Relieving yourself on yourself is only acceptable if you’re in position to win the race.
7) Any distance that is not 26.2 miles shall not be referred to as a marathon.
8) Running two half-marathons does not mean you ran a marathon.
9) If your Garmin didn’t record your run then it never happened.
10) Finisher medals for any race shorter than a half marathon shall be worn for the remainder of Race Day. For any race longer, the period is extended until the end of the following day.
What are some of your rules?