Hans, who passed away on Thanksgiving weekend in 2014, owned FootWorks along with his wife Laurie. Last year we ran on Thanksgiving in his honor and want to continue the tradition.
The 3.8 mile run or walk will begin on Hans Huseby Run. This is 57 Ct on Sunset Dr on the west side of FootWorks.
Don’t forget to wear your TeamFootWorks shirts for the group photo
* Thanksgiving Thursday November 23rd, 2017 at 7:00am
* FootWorks, 5724 Sunset Dr across from the Barnes & Noble
* FREE parking until 9:00am!
NO ENTRY FEES!
This is a free event. But please RSVP by clicking here so we know how much sake and mimosas to plan for. Yes! Mimosas and sake will be waiting for you at the finish.
* It’s FREE, but please RSVP here .
* The Fun Run course won’t be crowded
* Free parking until 9am
And while supplies last:
* Free TFW or FootWorks 13.1/26.2 Car Magnet
* Free Hansmon Car Magnet
* Free WWHD (What Would Hans Do) bracelet
• 6:15am: Meet at FootWorks, 5724 Sunset Dr. There’s free curbside parking until 9am. Bathrooms will be open upstairs. Exit through the store’s back door and go left to find the stairs.
• 6:30am to 6:45am: Laurie will address the crowd
• 6:45am to 7:04am: Group photo in front of the Hans Huseby Rd sign (By the Buns & Buns). Wear your TeamFootWorks shirts please. (We’ll have extra shirts just in case)
• 7:05am: 3.8ish mile run begins lead by our volunteer pace leaders. Run or walk or both. Go as far as you’d like. Turn around at 80th Street for about 1 mile, turn around at Dante Fascell Park for about 2 miles, and going right instead of left to the railing will make it about 3.
• 7:45am: Sake & Mimosas back at the store
• 8:15am: Go Enjoy Thanksgiving with your families