Join our TeamFootWorks Half Marathon Training Program (13.1 mile) for a memorable experience that will change your life and how you view your health & fitness. Every year, individuals who thought they couldn’t run or walk 2 or 3 miles, let alone 13.1, learn that they CAN DO IT!!
The long runs or walks will be done on Saturdays with your training team. Teams are led by 2-3 veteran runners. You will be amazed how quickly the time and miles melt away running or walking with your training team. The energy is contagious and the friendships you develop will be well worth the early wake up calls!!
Each program starts with a 30 minute orientation and then a 30 minute run/walk. Following the Run-Walk Method, you only have to concentrate on the next 2-6 minutes of running and a 1-minute walk break. We offer several different pace groups for people of every ability and speed, even WALKERS! We will also have one pace group RUNNING the Miami Half. This group of experienced runners will take little to no walk breaks. We aim to finish by 8:00am, therefore as the distances increase, training may begin as early as 5:00am.
While the long runs and walks develop your ability to go the distance, it is the weekly running and cross-training that will take you to another level of health and fitness. During the week you are responsible for two short runs or walks of no more than 60 minutes. FootWorks South Miami hosts our weekly runs on Tuesday and Thursday evenings at 6:30pm and FootWorks South Beach hosts our Tuesday night run at 7:00pm to keep your training on schedule.
- New members begin Saturday, October 4, 2014 at 6:30 am with a 20 minute run/walk from FootWorks South Miami, 5724 Sunset Drive. Alums start October 11.
- 17-Weeks of training
- Leadership by 100-time marathoner Josh Liebman
- Technical running shirt and official training program
- 15% discount at FootWorks (discount starts when you register and ends at completion of the program)
- Training with a pace group that is right for your needs!
- Measured & marked running courses with water and Vitalyte Sports Drink stations every 2-3 miles
- TeamFootWorks Fitness News Emails
- Clinics on proper shoes, apparel, strength training, stretching, nutrition, and more
- Entry to the TeamFootWorks VIP Hospitality Village at the Miami Marathon
- Does NOT include or guarantee entry to the Miami Marathon
- Marathon textbook by Jeff Galloway for first time participants
(ends March 7)
Most of the long runs for the South Miami program will start from South Miami Hospital’s Adult Education Center. South Miami Hospital Victor E. Clarke Adult Education Center is located at 6200 SW 73rd St. Thanks to South Miami Hospital, we are able to offer our runners:
- Free covered parking in the Visitor Garage located on the left when entering via 62nd Ave
- Indoor bathroom and changing facilities
- Classrooms for group stretching and speakers